Thursday, January 28, 2016

Go Betty Go - Worst Enemy

When I saw Go Betty Go last weekend, I picked up the two CDs they had with them. I still don't know that much about the band, other than the fact that they started in the early 2000's, split up and have reformed. So, I'm not sure if this is a new or older CD (I don't see a date on the packaging), but this sounds like they did live, and that's a good thing!

The group consists of Betty Cisneros on guitar and backing vocals, Nicolette Vilar on vocals (and a fine, melodic yet strong voice she has), sister Aixa on drums and backing vocals and, on this CD, Michelle Rangel on bass, though I don't believe she was with them at the Dive Bar, unless her looks have changed considering since these photos were taken.

The sound here is tuneful punk-pop, tight'n'simple'n'powerful, with good dynamics and harmonies and catchy as heck. Nothing earth-shatterin' here, but it's not meant to be - just good music played well. Really dig the stuff - there's definitely that indefinable something here that keeps your attention. Get it'n'see 'em when ya can!